Monday, June 27, 2005

Conscience-friendly music!

First off, apologies for a one-week hiatus. I know you all lost plenty of sleep waiting for this post, and I sincerely regret causing any residual mental or emotional trauma due to my gross negligence. Hopefully I'll be throwing this garbage up here more often...

Here a couple of places I've gotten mp3s for free. Now that I can afford to buy music, I try to stay within the bounds of non-piracy, and these are great places to pick up some free tunes.

Pure Volume - mostly I like getting the free music from Tooth and Nail bands, although there are lots of labels on the site; there's a pretty decent range from poppy mellow stuff like Aaron Sprinkle, to harder stuff like Anberlin, Slow Coming Day, or Two-Thirty-Eight.

iTunes - every Tuesday they have a couple of free songs for download; quite a few have caused my ears to be happy.

Carbon Leaf (navigate to Media then Downloads) - so it's just one band, but they are pretty flippin' sweet, and they have a pile of music available for download.

Trip Wamsley - umm... so it's just one guy, but he's incredible on the bass guitar. Scary technique...

DaVinci's Notebook - occasionally crass acapella humor group; quality vocals and hilarious lyrics (check out Title of the Song, the formula for an instant boy band hit).

Okay, that's all for now, folks.

in the player: Anberlin - Never Take Friendship Personal

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool links! Thanks! Oh, and BTW, I didn't even open up that link you IM'd me, so no worries if you thought I wouldn't like it :)

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home