F-Day + 1
Well, here's my Father's Day post, albeit a day late. Most of you know my dad, and are probably well aware of how awesome he is. But for those not in the know...
I've been hugely blessed to have a father as godly and loving as mine. In a day when many fathers are shirking their responsibilities, mine comes through. He's always had a presence in our lives; never has he seemed distant or disinterested. And he's always looked out for our best interests before his own.
I could go on and on about how he's a man of integrity and all that, but the coolest thing about my dad is not just the way he treats us. It's the way he has taken up the slack in the lives of some other young people who are not fortunate enough to have a father who's around or who cares. He's gone a long way to be a good example to them of what a godly individual is like, and has done a great deal to be involved in their lives too. Having that kind of character and heart is what I aspire for.
in the player: Richard Bona - Reverence
I've been hugely blessed to have a father as godly and loving as mine. In a day when many fathers are shirking their responsibilities, mine comes through. He's always had a presence in our lives; never has he seemed distant or disinterested. And he's always looked out for our best interests before his own.
I could go on and on about how he's a man of integrity and all that, but the coolest thing about my dad is not just the way he treats us. It's the way he has taken up the slack in the lives of some other young people who are not fortunate enough to have a father who's around or who cares. He's gone a long way to be a good example to them of what a godly individual is like, and has done a great deal to be involved in their lives too. Having that kind of character and heart is what I aspire for.
in the player: Richard Bona - Reverence

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home