Got a new lady
She's got sandy blonde hair, she's... uhh... pretty good... pretty good looking face, but I'm just getting really, just getting kind of TOed because she hasn't even sent me a full body shot yet.
Actually, I recently acquired a new bass guitar, one that has definitely been holding my attention quite a bit. She's a Godin A5, made in everybody's favorite Quebec. It's an entirely different style of instrument than my other basses, since it is a semi-acoustic, and has funky nylon-core strings (like classical guitars). And it's a fretless, which combines with the weird strings to make for a very unique playing feel. But it's soooo fun. Maybe if I'm cool, I'll post some audio clips of it, so you can hear me play lame songs out of tune.
Click on the pictures below to see closer-up photos. Special bonus: the bottom picture shows you the whole family, including: Godin A5 fretless, Godin BG-V, Carvin LB75F, and Seagull S6+CW.

in the player: Steely Dan - A Decade of Steely Dan
Actually, I recently acquired a new bass guitar, one that has definitely been holding my attention quite a bit. She's a Godin A5, made in everybody's favorite Quebec. It's an entirely different style of instrument than my other basses, since it is a semi-acoustic, and has funky nylon-core strings (like classical guitars). And it's a fretless, which combines with the weird strings to make for a very unique playing feel. But it's soooo fun. Maybe if I'm cool, I'll post some audio clips of it, so you can hear me play lame songs out of tune.
Click on the pictures below to see closer-up photos. Special bonus: the bottom picture shows you the whole family, including: Godin A5 fretless, Godin BG-V, Carvin LB75F, and Seagull S6+CW.
in the player: Steely Dan - A Decade of Steely Dan

2 Comments:
that is one sexy lady! is it unlined? i played one like it in seattle at bassapalooza a few years ago, i don't remember who's it was, but it was sweet, and light!
Yeah, it's unlined. The newer ones have the sweet quarter lines, just on the edge. I would have liked to get one of those, but oh well. At the Bassapalooza in Seattle, Bassman had his Carvin AC50, which is the same model as what Norm Stockton uses. This one is very similar, although I think the Carvin has a slightly smaller body and it's a double cutaway.
Post a Comment
<< Home