Saturday, July 09, 2005

Future destinations

While I am far from a world traveler, I am happy that I've been forturnate enough to travel throughout most of the contiguous United States, as well as to Panama and Taiwan. Last spring, right after I graduated from college, my family took more than four weeks touring the States with our RV, and it was an absolute blast. And well-documented, too, thanks to my early birthday present of a digital camera. Five years ago, right after I graduated from high school, I took a three-week trip to Panama to visit some family who are missionaries. I also took a lot of pictures of the beautiful mountains and such, but those aren't in digital form (yet). And about 15 years ago my family went to Taiwan where some other relatives were serving as missionaries. I don't remember much of it, and I definitely didn't have a camera when I was 6 years old, but it too was pretty sweet.

So the question remains, where do I need to go next? Given my propensity for places that are naturally beautiful, and not full of metropolitan folk, I've narrowed it down to one relatively accessible place, and one that would take a little more doing.

First up: Banff National Park in Alberta, Canada. I'll pass on the luxury spa and fancy hotels, but oh man, the scenery is gorgeous. Maybe I'll honeymoon there if I find a lady cool enough.


Next up: New Zealand. If you've ever seen the Lord of the Rings movies, most of the very large, sweeping landscapes were shot in New Zealand.


Pretty much, any of these places would be fabulous to visit. Rugged landscapes, lots of green and blue colors, lots of wildlife. And I'll bring my camera.

in the player: Soulfood 76 - Velour (Retrospective)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home