Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Married folk

Well, this past Saturday, there were two friends' weddings I could have attended; unfortunately one was in Oregon and the other in Kansas. A friend is getting hitched here in Pgh this Friday. In a few weeks I'm heading to New Hampshire for another friend's wedding (and to see New England). My friends are falling down left and right, but not me. Oh no, my friend, I have been maintaining my singlehood for the past twenty-two years. No womenfolk to drain the wallet, cause heartache, or take time away from important things. No dealing with tragedies like "the drapes are the wrong color" or long lectures about "your apartment is such a mess, you know, if I were blah blah blah." Indeed I have had a relatively hassle-free life so far. But I wouldn't mind it if the right girl decided to come along and mess it all up.

In other news, congratulations are in order to Stephanie, who just celebrated her 8th anniversary. In honor of her and all my younger friends who are more recent converts to marriagology, here's a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon befitting the occasion:


image (C) Bill Watterson, the awesomest flippin' cartoonist ever

in the player: Carbon Leaf - Ether-Electrified Porch Music, Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love Calvin and Hobbes! They are my favorite.

Have fun in New England this weekend...it's a grand place to visit.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home