Tuesday, August 23, 2005

New England > the Pitts

Against my better judgment, I recently returned from a nice trip to Maine and New Hampshire. If I had any sense I would have just stayed there. My college roommate and I drove up to Princeton, ME on Tuesday night, and spent the rest of the week cruising around the Maine backwoods, and going to the coast. We spent some time at his family's cabin on a lake, which was very relaxing. Fishing, sailing, and eating fresh lobster and corn on the cob is tough to beat. We also went to Lubec, ME, and to West Quoddy Head State Park, the easternmost point in the US. On Saturday we watched a friend from college get married, then we drove back here. All in all, it was very enjoyable, and once you get out of the touristy areas in Maine, it is a relaxed atmosphere, with lots of beautiful scenery and people who don't pronounce 'r's at the end of words. Below are a couple pictures from the trip.
Jason and his father on the Far East Coast
Jason and I with Maine's tallest mountain in the background
Jason and I at the West Quoddy Head light
The Marshall's cabin on the lake

in the player: Israel & New Breed - Real

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You told the world where I have been hiding out!? Now, the witness relocation program is going to move me again.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you to get to go to Maine. I love Maine. And if it weren't for their too cold summers then I'd move there.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home