Thursday, November 03, 2005

Another Food Post

Question: when you go to an ethnic restaurant, do you usually leave the food seasoned as it comes? Or do you put salt and pepper and stuff on it? I was just thinking about that the other day, and I think the only places I ever add seasoning is at American food places. Everything else seems to come just right. I mean, I never add more salt to my wonton soup or add more pepper to my enchiladas. But if I order a baked potato or something, it always gets everything. Why is this? Am I just weird, and afraid that I will ruin the admittedly dubious ethnic authenticity of the meal? If so, I have done a good job of telling myself that it all tastes good. I suppose refraining from adding salt to things is probably a good idea, as most food usually has more than plenty already. Just curious what y'all thought.

in the player: Bela Fleck & the Flecktones - Flight of the Cosmic Hippo, U2 - Achtung Baby

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very good point. I never thought about it before, but I think I'm like you and don't add seasoning to ethnic foods. Although now that I think about it, I never add salt to anything. Except eggs.

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home