Escher Rocks!
A few days ago, I was browsing at my local Barnes & Noble, and as I noticed the art section in the back corner, the thought struck me to see if they had any books of M.C. Escher's art. They sure did! I picked up a copy of M.C. Esher: 29 Master Prints. It's a large-format (10.5 by 14.8 inches) paperback. So it's not hardbound like a proper coffee-table book, but it was a mere $17, and has very large images in it, including all the famous ones. Personally, I'm a big fan of his work due largely to the fact that he's left-handed, as am I. He also makes some pretty cool drawings; his "regular division of the plane" works show a wonderful grasp of space:

And drawings such as "Waterfall" show off his devious and masterful application of the rules of perspective:

All in all, I think his stuff appeals mostly to those of us who are concrete or analytical in our approaches to art... Sort of like people who like Bach better than Mozart.
in the player: The Cootees - Let's Play House

And drawings such as "Waterfall" show off his devious and masterful application of the rules of perspective:

All in all, I think his stuff appeals mostly to those of us who are concrete or analytical in our approaches to art... Sort of like people who like Bach better than Mozart.
in the player: The Cootees - Let's Play House

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home