Eye of the Storm
I thought that December 29 would be a good day to write a post. It's right in the middle of the storm I call my "Christmas Vacation," and I can look in both directions chronologically and see big gale-force winds whipping about.
Looking back, I can see our huge family gathering down in California. We had all of my mom's siblings and their respective families, plus one of her cousins and two auxiliary grandparents. The total people count was somewhere in the mid-30s, which made for lots of work, but even more fun. I think that was definitely the largest gathering we've had in a long time (10+ years), and a great time was had by all. (If I was cool I would post pictures.) The highlight was the ad-lib story of the 5 wise men, in which every one of us grandchildren got a part (15 + 1 girlfriend). Great fun, with only minimal stereotyping of ethnic groups.
And looking forward, I see opportunities to hit a half-dozen New Years parties, and the time to hit only a couple. I also can foresee some poker playing and the ingestion of countless calories of food with doubtful nutritional value. Details remain vague at this point, but in time all will be revealed.
All this said, I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas season, and here's wishing you a great New Year!
in the player: nothing at the moment. ha!
Looking back, I can see our huge family gathering down in California. We had all of my mom's siblings and their respective families, plus one of her cousins and two auxiliary grandparents. The total people count was somewhere in the mid-30s, which made for lots of work, but even more fun. I think that was definitely the largest gathering we've had in a long time (10+ years), and a great time was had by all. (If I was cool I would post pictures.) The highlight was the ad-lib story of the 5 wise men, in which every one of us grandchildren got a part (15 + 1 girlfriend). Great fun, with only minimal stereotyping of ethnic groups.
And looking forward, I see opportunities to hit a half-dozen New Years parties, and the time to hit only a couple. I also can foresee some poker playing and the ingestion of countless calories of food with doubtful nutritional value. Details remain vague at this point, but in time all will be revealed.
All this said, I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas season, and here's wishing you a great New Year!
in the player: nothing at the moment. ha!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home