Unfaithfulness
The draw of something different was too much to handle, especially since she was such a cute little thing. I ended up getting a Apple Powerbook 12". It's nice and small, about the size of a piece of paper (except thicker, of course). So far I'm still getting used to the new operating system. Many things are a little different (Apple+C vs. Ctrl+C, for example), and many things are a lot different. Still, I'm slowly learning my way around.
The lappy (no official name as of yet) has some cool features. Right now, thanks to the dual-display function, I've got my old monitor hooked up, and I'm watching a Los Lonely Boys DVD while I'm typing this. And with my KVM switch I can pop back to my PC really easy, if I want. Another fun thing is the slot-load disc drive. That way there isn't anything that pops out and gets broken off. Even the latch to hold the screen closed is pretty sweet, from an elegant engineering standpoint.
Basically I like it. I have yet to really get into the iLife suite, which has applications for storing and editing photos, music, and movies. More posts as I discover cools ways to use this new machine :-)


in the player: Los Lonely Boys - Live from Austin
The lappy (no official name as of yet) has some cool features. Right now, thanks to the dual-display function, I've got my old monitor hooked up, and I'm watching a Los Lonely Boys DVD while I'm typing this. And with my KVM switch I can pop back to my PC really easy, if I want. Another fun thing is the slot-load disc drive. That way there isn't anything that pops out and gets broken off. Even the latch to hold the screen closed is pretty sweet, from an elegant engineering standpoint.
Basically I like it. I have yet to really get into the iLife suite, which has applications for storing and editing photos, music, and movies. More posts as I discover cools ways to use this new machine :-)


in the player: Los Lonely Boys - Live from Austin

1 Comments:
you're going to love the mac. tiger is cool and has all kinds of sweet things...the dashboard being one of them...while some things are really different, i found it suprisingly easy to pick up on them.
..i just about have my protools set up for my ibook. just waiting for the mbox to arrive.
Post a Comment
<< Home