Avalanche 06
This weekend was pretty sweet. I spent about 10 hours on the road, got less than 5 hours of sleep every night, ate poorly, exposed my feeble old body to the frigid elements all day, and ended up pretty sore. What else could it be but a youth group ski trip?!
105 of us went to Snowshoe Mountain in West Virginia and skied our butts off all weekend. What a blast! Excellent weather all Saturday, great snow (for the most part), and plenty of activities to keep us busy even when the slopes were closed. It rained Sunday morning, so some of us took our rentals back, then kicked ourselves in the afternoon when the weather got nice. Still, I gotta say I had a most excellent time hanging out with the students and the other leaders. And some students definitely made some important spiritual decisions, which was the reason for it all, anyway.
Here are a few pictures from the trip. I didn't really get anything on the slopes. I think I was too busy skiing or something. Enjoy.
Ted's sunglasses, the ones that didn't break.
Derek Zoolander, watch out for these guys...
Barely believable: James drawing attention to himself.
PDA Police.
Waiting for the 3-hour-late bus.
in the player: Sixpence None the Richer - This Beautiful Mess
105 of us went to Snowshoe Mountain in West Virginia and skied our butts off all weekend. What a blast! Excellent weather all Saturday, great snow (for the most part), and plenty of activities to keep us busy even when the slopes were closed. It rained Sunday morning, so some of us took our rentals back, then kicked ourselves in the afternoon when the weather got nice. Still, I gotta say I had a most excellent time hanging out with the students and the other leaders. And some students definitely made some important spiritual decisions, which was the reason for it all, anyway.
Here are a few pictures from the trip. I didn't really get anything on the slopes. I think I was too busy skiing or something. Enjoy.
Ted's sunglasses, the ones that didn't break.
Derek Zoolander, watch out for these guys...
Barely believable: James drawing attention to himself.
PDA Police.
Waiting for the 3-hour-late bus.in the player: Sixpence None the Richer - This Beautiful Mess

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home