Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Small things, part one

I thought I'd post about small things in life. This post is about small things I like. Things that make me think life isn't half bad. Winning a million bucks would be cool, but without little stuff like this, I think it would suck.

1. Being able to smell again - This after a week-long cold. I'm a big fan of being able to use all my senses. Being able to smell also means my taster works better.
2. Smiles of honest appreciation - If I do something for somebody and they smile back genuinely, I don't need any other motivation for doing it.
3. Peppermint tea - This stuff is great to clear your head, when you have a cold. It's even better when you can smell it. See No. 1, above.
4. Mint Kisses - The Hershey kind. I'm a sucker for these things.
5. Cilantro - I think God knew what he was doing when he made this stuff. Great to add a little different flavor to vegetables and salsa. Fantastic stuff; makes broccoli taste fab.
6. Being asked to be a groomsman - Two for '06 so far. The reassurance that at least a couple people think I'm cool is always good. And besides, maybe there will be cute bridesmaids.
7. Taking out the trash - Surprise! This is actually good, because it then gives me an empty trash can, into which I can throw things. It occasionally removes offensive odors, as well.

Well, maybe this list is lame, and you absolutely don't like some of them (3 & 4, Tucker, I know). If you'd rather something negative, stay tuned for a gripe session about small annoyances.

in the player: London Symphony Orchestra - Braveheart

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go John!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Biden and his questioning and your garbage seem to have a common aroma. Sprinkle a little cilantro on both! Add a bit of cilantro up your nose and you can understand where Biden fits in this world. You'll have to guess who this one comes from!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home