Tuesday, February 07, 2006

For crying out loud...

Holy cow. I am shocked (not surprised) at the Muslim uprising in Europe and Middle East over the supposedly blasphemous cartoon published in Denmark. The irony of the situation is incredible. Their argument, simply put: "Europe sucks because some newspaper editor associated our prophet with violence. We'll burn their buildings to the ground! We'll beat their people up! We'll show them to associate us with violence!"

Last I checked, Jews don't riot when somebody pronounces the word Yahweh. Christians don't riot when Jesus' likeness is similarly defaced.

I sure hope no lawmakers pass any legislation outlawing the reproduction of Mohammed's image (our newspaper printed the infamous cartoon). I thought part of the freedom of religion was not imposing one particular religion's beliefs on other people. I can understand Muslims getting mad at each other doing something like this, but not expecting vast legal action repressing such actions.

Oh well, I just had to vent. This is all just really really ridiculously ridiculous. Speaking of which, CNN looked pretty lame when they displayed the offending image on their newscasts. Except the image was heavily pixellated, so as to "not offend our Muslim viewers." For all I know, it could have been a picture of Ted Turner eating a Big Mac; eight gray squares don't really give you a good idea of what Muslims are mad about.

in the player: Carbon Leaf - Indian Summer

2 Comments:

Blogger Devon said...

I felt the same about CNN. I'm really not sure how they decide (I seriously just forgot how to spell that word. T-I-R-E-D) who it's ok to offend from week to week. Maybe there's a network-wide memo. "Okayyy, folks. Jews are out. Christians are out. Muslims are in. Christian Scientists are in, except for Tom Cruise."

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jewish artists have come up with the perfect response to this lunacy...www.boomka.org

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home