Monday, March 20, 2006

Concert

Went to a Kevin Max concert last night. Not that I'm a super huge fan of used-to-be-DC-Talk people, but it was actually pretty good. A lot more rockin than I expected. Particularly for a guy who is 10 years older than he was the last time I saw him, and is probably 10 years older than the average age of his backing band, too. It was also at a small club, so I was sitting there sipping a drink 7 feet away from him the whole show. Which was cool, except that he was sick, so I was in constant fear of catching some flying phlegm to the face. I think the audience was literally about 1/1000th the size compared to the last time I saw him. (As an aside, Toby Mac puts on a great show, too, now that I actually think about things after I've written them.)

The main reason I went, though, is that the people I was with knew Brennan Strawn, Kevin's guitarist. Brennan did a solo set, and it was pretty impressive. He doesn't have an official album out yet, but keep your ears open. He's also a pretty cool guy. We all went to Hard Rock afterwards, and had a good time making fun of the lackluster "jazz" band playing that night (including doing some great hippie dancing) and dropping DC Talk references at any available opportunity.

Anyway, check out Brennan's stuff. He only has two songs on his myspace, so I'm waiting for the album, due out this summer sometime. He's got an incredible voice, with a killer falsetto. He also sounds great with KMax singing backup.

in the player: Brennan Strawn - "Lose It All"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool... Michael Tait came to my church a couple weeks ago to lead a gospel choir celebration.. it was awesome; he sang a couple of his new songs and one DC Talk song. Particularly enjoyable since it was free :)

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home