No posts lately
I've been really busy lately. Part of that comes as a result of a little coffeehouse gig I did with a couple friends. We recorded it, and it actually turned out pretty good, so I've been spending some time trying to clean up the audio and get it all into a decent-sounding package. Once that happens, and it gets posted (most likely to my friend's myspace site), I'll post up a link here.
In the meantime, I've discovered that I'm not really a fan of The Message's treatment of the Psalms. I'm reading Praise Habit by David Crowder, and it uses The Message for its text. Normally I have found the paraphrase to be pretty good, or at least to be a fresh look on sometimes all-too-familiar passages. But quite often the Psalms came across as too contrived or like Peterson was trying too hard lyrically. Oh well, at least it's there if I need a different take on things.
in the player: Haydée Milanes - Haydée
In the meantime, I've discovered that I'm not really a fan of The Message's treatment of the Psalms. I'm reading Praise Habit by David Crowder, and it uses The Message for its text. Normally I have found the paraphrase to be pretty good, or at least to be a fresh look on sometimes all-too-familiar passages. But quite often the Psalms came across as too contrived or like Peterson was trying too hard lyrically. Oh well, at least it's there if I need a different take on things.
in the player: Haydée Milanes - Haydée

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home