Saturday, May 06, 2006

Humbility

Do you ever get those pride checks? I know I need them a lot. Today was one of those. I went to the cheap seats tonight to see Pink Panther, and I beat my friends there by a substantial margin, so I sat in my car and read a magazine until they showed up. While I was waiting, a vehicle pulled up next to me, parked, and spewed forth some moviegoers. Several minutes later, I got out to go meet my friends, and noticed the people had forgotten to turn off their dome light. Thinking "gee, I hope their car starts" I went in.

Well, when I got back out, their car was still there, and their light was still on. So I guess the battery's not dead yet. Then I unlocked my car, hopped in, and BAM! MY dome light was on! Aaaaaaa... stupid reading light. That's right, I'm human! What a funky little twist of irony. (My car did start, though, so it's all good.)

Not being an etymologist, humility must come from the same root as human, since I think the key to humility is realizing you're just as human as the guy next to you.

in the player: Rock 'n' Roll Worship Circus - Welcome to the...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home