Random product reviews
Here are a couple things I've purchased lately.
Crest toothpaste, Lemon Ice flavor - the distinguishing feature of this toothpaste is the flavor. I thought I would try something different than the usual mint-based fare, and for the most part I like it. The flavor actually works as something of a palette cleanser, like lemon sorbet or granitas. Quite a bit different than mint, which tends to leave an odd flavor for a while.
The only disadvantage is that every once in a while, it feels like I'm brushing my teeth with Lemon Pledge. Overall rating - good.
American Eagle plaid flat-front pants - easily the most comfortable pair of pants I own, made from lightweight fabric. I just hope they last a while. $15 at the outlets. Downsides include the funky coin pocket (not big enough for a cell phone or keys) and the awkward double button. Overall rating - very good.
Reef Sultan flip-flops - the doctor said I can't wear flip-flops because of my flat feet and the decided lack of arch support
afforded by most flip-flops (like Old Navy ones). So then I saw these flip-flops, that had a nice arch support, and I said "sweet" to myself, and promptly bought them. The leather is very nice, too, feels like a baseball mitt for my feet. Pricey, though. Overall rating - muy excelente.
Orbit Citrusmint gum - kind of like orange Tic-Tacs, this gum mixes two differen
t flavor groups. Initially, the flavor is pretty dang good, and refreshing. However, there are couple anomalies. First, the gum starts orange, but after about a half-hour, it's green. Apparently there is some interaction with some saliva types that changes the gum's color. Also, perhaps due to a similar interaction, the gum base breaks down much more rapidly than with other Orbit flavors. I was in a movie once, and all of a sudden, the gum just turned into goo and stuck to the inside of my mouth. It was pretty gross. Overall rating - fair. (Recommended alternative: Orbit Sweetmint)
That's all for now. I hope you enjoy your summer like I will, wearing flip-flops, chewing gum, and wearing clothing that doesn't insulate.
in the player: Live - Throwing Copper
American Eagle plaid flat-front pants - easily the most comfortable pair of pants I own, made from lightweight fabric. I just hope they last a while. $15 at the outlets. Downsides include the funky coin pocket (not big enough for a cell phone or keys) and the awkward double button. Overall rating - very good.
Reef Sultan flip-flops - the doctor said I can't wear flip-flops because of my flat feet and the decided lack of arch support
Orbit Citrusmint gum - kind of like orange Tic-Tacs, this gum mixes two differen
That's all for now. I hope you enjoy your summer like I will, wearing flip-flops, chewing gum, and wearing clothing that doesn't insulate.
in the player: Live - Throwing Copper

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home