PVGP06
Today, some friends and I went to check out the Saturday events at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. It's held in a large park in town, and there are several events, including car shows, fundraisers, and of course all sorts of racing on the 2.33-mile track. Today featured time trials, race practice, and a large car show (~1700 cars). It was really cool getting to see automotive history being hurled through hairpin turns, drivers muscling the steering wheels, as the exhaust roars, unfettered by catalysts and mufflers. Too much fun.
Here are some pictures from the track, mostly from the serpentine curves. The cars are: MG TD, Jaguar, MGA, Daimler SP250, Aston Martin DB4, Austin Healey 100M, and a couple of Lotus 7s.







Since it's a "vintage" grand prix, there were obviously a lot of vintage automobiles. The oldest racecar was a 1919 Ford "T" Speedster. I took some pictures of the vintage vehicles (defined by me as anything older than I am) at the car show area, as well as in the race pits. Below, in order of appearance (also alphabetical by marquee) are: Aston Martin, BMW, Bugatti, Ferrari, Fiat, Hudson, Jaguar, Lotus, Maserati, Morgan, Shelby (replica).











There was also some more modern machinery. I took pictures of some of the more unique modern cars. Notice there aren't any Vettes, Boxsters, STis, or any other run-of-the-mill everyday fare. Below are: Aston Martin DB7 Zagato Volante, Ferrari F355 Challenge, Jaguar XJ220, Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, and Porsche 911 Carrera 4S.




Here are some pictures from the track, mostly from the serpentine curves. The cars are: MG TD, Jaguar, MGA, Daimler SP250, Aston Martin DB4, Austin Healey 100M, and a couple of Lotus 7s.







Since it's a "vintage" grand prix, there were obviously a lot of vintage automobiles. The oldest racecar was a 1919 Ford "T" Speedster. I took some pictures of the vintage vehicles (defined by me as anything older than I am) at the car show area, as well as in the race pits. Below, in order of appearance (also alphabetical by marquee) are: Aston Martin, BMW, Bugatti, Ferrari, Fiat, Hudson, Jaguar, Lotus, Maserati, Morgan, Shelby (replica).











There was also some more modern machinery. I took pictures of some of the more unique modern cars. Notice there aren't any Vettes, Boxsters, STis, or any other run-of-the-mill everyday fare. Below are: Aston Martin DB7 Zagato Volante, Ferrari F355 Challenge, Jaguar XJ220, Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, and Porsche 911 Carrera 4S.





2 Comments:
uhhhh excuse me... i think i need to go grab a towel... *drool* don't really care which one i get to drive just as long as its fast ;-) and it takes corners well!!
I love the 3 wheel BMW. That thing is HOT! I bet it's fast if you can keep all that power under control and not anihilate the massive rear tire. But seriously, nice pics!
Post a Comment
<< Home