Wins and losses
I think the wins outnumber the losses, but first off, what I have given up for the next year or two:


I test drove a new VW GTI a couple weeks ago, and I'm pretty convinced that it is the next car I will own. It's fast, handles well, ride isn't harsh, and it's got lots of neat features. Plus the hatchback configuration would easily swallow my bass guitar gear, something my current sedan does not (not easily, at least). The DSG transmission is super hot, too. However, I will not be owning one of these for the next year or two.
The other thing I am giving up is time. As much as I like having time, I will not have too much of it for the next year or so. I shall be busy, busy, busy.
Of course, the cause of all this calamity is:

Behold! I bought a house! Pending inspections and whatnot, I should be moving in the beginning or middle of August. It needs a little work, which is why I'm giving up time, and costs money, which is why I'm giving up the GTI. All in all, for the stage of life I'm in, it will be perfect. One of my buddies will living with me, and we work the same place so we'll be carpooling (convenience one), and the house is about 4 minutes from my church (convenience two). For more information you can check out my house hunt blog, but vital specs are: 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, 1.3 acres of relatively flat land, roughly 1600 sq ft of finished living area (once we get the basement finished up), plus a sun room and a back patio. Cool stuff includes a hot tub, riding mower, 2nd kitchen off the game room, and a room in the basement I plan to make into a music room or guest bedroom. I'm super excited. Hope you all have a fun and safe 4th!
in the player - Boston - Greatest Hits
I test drove a new VW GTI a couple weeks ago, and I'm pretty convinced that it is the next car I will own. It's fast, handles well, ride isn't harsh, and it's got lots of neat features. Plus the hatchback configuration would easily swallow my bass guitar gear, something my current sedan does not (not easily, at least). The DSG transmission is super hot, too. However, I will not be owning one of these for the next year or two.
The other thing I am giving up is time. As much as I like having time, I will not have too much of it for the next year or so. I shall be busy, busy, busy.
Of course, the cause of all this calamity is:

Behold! I bought a house! Pending inspections and whatnot, I should be moving in the beginning or middle of August. It needs a little work, which is why I'm giving up time, and costs money, which is why I'm giving up the GTI. All in all, for the stage of life I'm in, it will be perfect. One of my buddies will living with me, and we work the same place so we'll be carpooling (convenience one), and the house is about 4 minutes from my church (convenience two). For more information you can check out my house hunt blog, but vital specs are: 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, 1.3 acres of relatively flat land, roughly 1600 sq ft of finished living area (once we get the basement finished up), plus a sun room and a back patio. Cool stuff includes a hot tub, riding mower, 2nd kitchen off the game room, and a room in the basement I plan to make into a music room or guest bedroom. I'm super excited. Hope you all have a fun and safe 4th!
in the player - Boston - Greatest Hits

1 Comments:
dude! seriously, i'd come over there in a heartbeat! just to help with that music room!
anyways congrats on the house! (hope it all works out for ya)
Post a Comment
<< Home