State of the John, pt. 2
This installment will discuss what I do for fun. Since going to work and doing laundry isn't the be-all and end-all of my life. There are a couple main areas of fun-doing that drown out the others.
First off, I've been spending a lot of my free time with a wonderful girl named Leslie. She's super great and things are going very well with her. She goes to Cedarville in Ohio, where my brother goes, so that is pretty convenient for weekend trips. Her dad works where I work, and we all go to the same church (at least when she's on break), so overall it's a great deal. Did I mention that she's awesome? Anyway, here's a picture of us:

I also help out with the youth group at my church, which is a lot of fun. South Hills Bible Chapel is a fairly large non-denominational church, about five minutes from my house, which is handy. The pastor is super great and I've made a lot of great friends. Back to youth group, I work with the high schoolers; there's something like 100 or so that come on a regular basis. This past summer I went with them on a mission trip to Panama, which was amazing and you can read about in some of my other posts (link above and also to the right). Here's a picture of some of me and the kids on the way back from Panama:

In order to get my creative juices flowing, I also play bass guitar a lot. I'm in the rotation for playing the main services at church, and I also play for the youth group worship time. Out of the youth group came a side group called, Soul Anatomy, which we've really enjoyed being a part of. Justin, the youth pastor at our church, writes a lot of the songs, and generally we've had a lot of fun the last year or so, leading others in worship and generally doing the small band thing. You can hear a couple super-rough versions of our songs at our Myspace page. Here's a picture of us playing awhile ago:

Other things I do a lot: hang out with the boys, in particular, my homies from SHBC's 20-Somethings Monday Night Men's group. We do the usual manly stuff like play football, grill steaks and burgers, drive fast cars fast, and spur one another on toward good works. I also like cooking a lot, although I never take notes... mostly I just throw a bunch of stuff together and it ends up tasting good, so I never cook the same thing twice the same way. I do other stuff for fun, too, like play around on my cute little Apple PowerBook and read car magazines. One thing that's always fun is editing stuff in Photoshop, like the picture below. It started out as two pictures; now it is one, and has cool writing on it:

Well, that wraps it up for Part 2 of the State of the John report. Tune in next time (notice lack of definitive timespan?) for a little more about where I'm at in life. I'm not exactly sure what you'll get, but you might not be completely disappointed.
in the player: Jamiroquai - Travelling Without Moving
First off, I've been spending a lot of my free time with a wonderful girl named Leslie. She's super great and things are going very well with her. She goes to Cedarville in Ohio, where my brother goes, so that is pretty convenient for weekend trips. Her dad works where I work, and we all go to the same church (at least when she's on break), so overall it's a great deal. Did I mention that she's awesome? Anyway, here's a picture of us:

I also help out with the youth group at my church, which is a lot of fun. South Hills Bible Chapel is a fairly large non-denominational church, about five minutes from my house, which is handy. The pastor is super great and I've made a lot of great friends. Back to youth group, I work with the high schoolers; there's something like 100 or so that come on a regular basis. This past summer I went with them on a mission trip to Panama, which was amazing and you can read about in some of my other posts (link above and also to the right). Here's a picture of some of me and the kids on the way back from Panama:
In order to get my creative juices flowing, I also play bass guitar a lot. I'm in the rotation for playing the main services at church, and I also play for the youth group worship time. Out of the youth group came a side group called, Soul Anatomy, which we've really enjoyed being a part of. Justin, the youth pastor at our church, writes a lot of the songs, and generally we've had a lot of fun the last year or so, leading others in worship and generally doing the small band thing. You can hear a couple super-rough versions of our songs at our Myspace page. Here's a picture of us playing awhile ago:
Other things I do a lot: hang out with the boys, in particular, my homies from SHBC's 20-Somethings Monday Night Men's group. We do the usual manly stuff like play football, grill steaks and burgers, drive fast cars fast, and spur one another on toward good works. I also like cooking a lot, although I never take notes... mostly I just throw a bunch of stuff together and it ends up tasting good, so I never cook the same thing twice the same way. I do other stuff for fun, too, like play around on my cute little Apple PowerBook and read car magazines. One thing that's always fun is editing stuff in Photoshop, like the picture below. It started out as two pictures; now it is one, and has cool writing on it:

Well, that wraps it up for Part 2 of the State of the John report. Tune in next time (notice lack of definitive timespan?) for a little more about where I'm at in life. I'm not exactly sure what you'll get, but you might not be completely disappointed.
in the player: Jamiroquai - Travelling Without Moving

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home