Thought
Okay, this is a brief respite from the State of the John series. But at youth group tonight, the guy teaching said something that convicted me. I know I'm supposed to do things the way God wants me to, and not care about what other people think about me. I shouldn't worry that they shun me or make fun of me. I also would like to think that if somebody put a gun up to my head and said "renounce Christ or die" I would take the bullet. But tonight, those two ideals were merged together in a sobering way for me. I definitely will do things (or not do things) in order to gain approval of the World, even if the action is not in line with Christ's teachings. But if I can't live for Christ, why should I even think that I could die for Him? I guess it convicted me that I need to be Christ-like both in my overall outlook on life as well as in the details of my life.
Okay, next post will be State of the John part 3.
Okay, next post will be State of the John part 3.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home