Monday, January 07, 2008

BAustin

During the fall semester of my junior year in school, two of my floormates and I started a little band that had very limited success.  So limited, in fact, that we lost a battle of the bands.  Mostly because we weren't a rock band.  Our band name was BAustin, a play on words, since our school's president was Bud Austin and one of the awesomest rock bands of all time is Boston. André played guitar, sang, and wrote most of our songs.  Jeff played percussion.  I played bass.  It was a fun little gig.
  
Sunday night before finals week, we did a little recording session.  It was pretty lo-fi, done in a couple hours (including setup).  It was also punctuated by a trip to MSC for midnight breakfast (I think it was pizza that year).  Here are the songs we recorded:
We recorded onto tape and forgot to turn the noise reduction on, so we had to EQ the highs way down.  That's why it sounds sort of dull.  Anyway, all disclaimers aside, we had fun and that's what counts.

in the player: Earthsuit - Kaleidoscope Superior

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home