Resources
A while back, our church had a big capital campaign to raise money to support a variety of initiatives, both local and global, as well as to pay down the debt on our new worship center. While studying through that I came across a principle that has more or less been one of the main things I've worked on for the past nine months. It's that God has blessed us with plenty of resources, and these resources extend way beyond our bank account. Examples of these resources include interests and abilities, relationships, opportunities, situations we find ourselves in, even the weather. And he wants us, to the best of our abilities, to be faithful with these resources.
Probably the biggest one I struggle with is being faithful with relationships. Particularly my relationships with non-Christians at work. While I try to share God's love with them, I'm totally dropping the ball on sharing God's good news. I was reading in 1 John today, and John says that he's writing the book so that the readers may join in fellowship with him and with God. And that excites him more than anything else. That should totally excite me, too.
I think the thing that holds me back on faithfulness is fear. Depending on what's in question it could be fear of what others think, fear of change, fear of a lower standard of living. All these things God promises to handle for us, but I need to claim those promises.
What holds you back from being faithful with what God's placed in front of you?
in the player: Rusted Root - When I Woke

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home